Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Die Cut into Mini Albums

This is one of my favorite die cuts.  I just love this pocket for anything western or for guys of all ages.  First I adhere the denim material/paper to a heavy cardstock, leaving a space to insert the red stamped material for the handkerchief.  Using a bone folder, score and fold.  Placing the fold just inside of the dies left side cutting blade, I proceed to cut out the outside of this mini album, then insert the handkerchief.  I usually cut two more folded pages, sightly trim these pages to be a tad smaller to insert into the album using a liquid glue from Beacon Adhesives to hold the pages.  I complete the outside using a gel pen to put the stitching along the pocket.  I cut off the tabs of a brad and glue onto the corners.  You could also use eyelets on the material prior to adhering to the cardstock.

This pocket makes a great party invitation, dance card, or menu.  Having a western themed wedding ... use as a 'save the date' announcement. 

Hope you enjoy this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment